Share this article

print logo

Person severely burned by grease in Dunkirk fire

DUNKIRK - Two people were injured, including one who suffered severe burns, in a kitchen fire Wednesday night on West Courtney Street, according to the Dunkirk Fire Department.

The two adults in an apartment at 47 West Courtney were burned by hot grease when a pan spilled on them as they attempted to remove the pan from the apartment, according to the fire department.

The fire, reported at 9:27 p.m., was contained and both people were transported to Brooks Memorial Hospital. The victim with severe burns was transported by Starflight to the burn unit at Erie County Medical Center.

There are no comments - be the first to comment