Share this article

print logo

Child playing with lighter causes Merrimac Street house fire

A child playing with a lighter was the cause of a fire Wednesday that extensively damaged a house on Merrimac Street, according to Buffalo fire.

The Buffalo Fire Department was called at 7:10 p.m. to 118 Merrimac St., a 2 1/2 story house. The fire was confined to the second story of the wood frame structure. No injuries were reported.

The damage to the structure was estimated at $60,000 and there was $30,000 damage to the contents.

The Red Cross was called to assist two adults and four children who lived in the house.

Story topics: /

There are no comments - be the first to comment