Buffalo is a horror movie town, the successful first season of screening series “Thursday Night Terrors” confirmed this fact. The second season begins with John Carpenter’s wild cult classic “They Live” at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Dipson Amherst Theatre (3500 Main St.).
Here's the full schedule, which also features greats from the likes of Tobe Hooper and Stuart Gordon.
- Jan. 26: “They Live” (directed by John Carpenter, 1988). Roddy Piper stars as a drifter who stumbles upon an alien conspiracy in this subversive sci-fi blast.
- Feb. 23: “Night of the Creeps” (Fred Dekker, 1986). Two teenagers take on parasites with the ability to turn humans into zombies.
- March 30: “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” (Tobe Hooper, 1974). A group of friends are hunted by a family of cannibals in this iconic horror classic.
- April 27: “Pieces” (Juan Piquer Simón, 1982). A murderer on a college campus is killing students and using their body parts to create a human jigsaw puzzle.
- May 25: “Re-Animator” (Stuart Gordon, 1985). A medical student conducts experiments that involve re-animating the dead.
The film series is the creation of Amherst Dipson assistant manager and horror junkie Peter Vullo who said it is all about “shared experience.” The five selections are ideal for watching with friends.