The City of Buffalo Department of Public Works and Engineering has announced the following temporary street closings Saturday to accommodate the New Year’s Eve ball drop and fireworks display in downtown Buffalo:
• Washington between East Huron and Genesee streets – closed at 7 a.m.
• West Huron (southside), between Pearl and Main streets– 7 a.m.
• East Huron (southside), between Main and Washington – 10 a.m.
• West Huron (northside), between Pearl and Main streets – 10 a.m.
• Washington, between East Chippewa and East Mohawk streets – 2 p.m.
• East Huron (northside), between Main and Genesee streets – 4 p.m.
• Genesee, between East Huron and Ellicott streets – 4 p.m.
All streets will reopen at 8 a.m. Sunday.