Share this article

print logo

West Side apartment fire blamed on burning incense

Burning incense was listed as the cause of a fire Sunday afternoon in a West Side apartment building, officials said.

Buffalo firefighters were called at 4:23 p.m. to 205 Carolina Street, at the corner with Prospect Avenue, for a report of fire at a bow window on the second-floor of the three-story, six-unit occupied building, according to the Buffalo Fire Alarm Office.

Firefighters confined the fire to that area and no injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $20,000 to the building and $5,000 to its contents.

Red Cross volunteers were called to the scene to assist three adults displaced by the fire.

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment