Share this article

print logo

Letter: Those who want to leave should forfeit citizenship

Those who want to leave should forfeit citizenship

Just a suggestion for those movie stars, actors and others who feed off the U.S. system they disdain and disrespect so much. If you are among those planning to leave the country for greener grass, I suggest you stop by a federal courthouse and seek out a judge in order to formally renounce your U.S. citizenship. This will put an exclamation point on your departure for Canada, Scotland, Brazil or Russia, and you will not have to be concerned with making your living off of this disgraceful country.

When you are through “grieving,” you can always come back as a tourist using your new passport and visitor visa. You will thus avoid being a fair-weather American. You will be another foreigner throwing stones at the United States. Bon voyage!

Terry Shanahan


There are no comments - be the first to comment