Here is how The News Voted in this week’s football poll.
1. Lancaster (8-0): One of five unbeaten teams remaining in Western New York. Legends are one win away from The Ralph, er, New Era Field.
2. Bishop Timon-St. Jude (4-4): Tigers thrive in the rain in handing state No. 1 Canisius its first loss to inch closer to securing No. 1 seed for Monsignor Martin Association playoffs.
3. Canisius (7-1): Despite loss, Crusaders still earn a bye into the MMA semifinals.
4. Starpoint (8-0): Rain fails to prevent unbeaten Spartans from earning their first playoff win in 26 years.
5. Orchard Park (5-3): Defending champions keep repeat quest alive with 20-0 second-half blitz to overcome Williamsville North.
6. Bennett (6-2): Tigers find mojo in second half to overcome upset-minded Grand Island.
7. McKinley (6-2): McKinley likes to run. So too does Starpoint. Friday should be quite the battle of wills at Tudor Stadium in Pendleton.
8. Hutch-Tech (6-2): Engineers have embraced the underdog role, which makes them a dangerous opponent for Lancaster.
9. Clarence (6-2): After power outage delayed start of Class AA quarterfinal, Red Devils amp it up in win over Jamestown.
10. North Tonawanda (6-2): Lumberjacks’ two losses this season have been by a total of four points.
1. Cheektowaga (8-0): Warriors will need to win battle of unbeaten teams in order to return to third straight Section VI championship game.
2. Maple Grove (8-0): All that stands between Red Dragons and another trip to the home of the Buffalo Bills is longtime rival Randolph.
3. Olean (8-0): Huskies win another close one to earn shot at two-time defending champion Cheektowaga.
4. Dunkirk (6-2): Whoa, 59-0 is an attention-getter.
5. Cleveland Hill (7-1): Golden Eagles don’t show any signs of slowing down after posting seventh straight win.
6. Southwestern (7-1): Trojans have won five straight since that early-season loss to Cleve Hill.
7. Lackawanna (6-2): Winners of five of last six, Steelers throw bracket for a loop by taking down Class B top-seed Medina.
8. Gowanda (6-2): Gowanda has won six of last seven since opening with two-point loss to Class C South champion Southwestern.
9. Silver Creek (7-1): Black Knights will need to beat defending champions one more time in order to earn a shot at the Class D crown.
10. Franklinville/Ellicottville (6-2): Defending Class D champions look to avenge one-point loss to Silver Creek two weeks ago.