The Blackthorn Restaurant and Pub on Seneca Street got a green light this week to add a second-story exterior patio and renovate its facade in a major uplift for the South Buffalo eatery.
The Buffalo Planning Board approved the restaurant owners' project that will enhance the front of the restaurant, located at 2134 Seneca St., with a complete renovation, the expansion of a parking lot, and the addition of the upper patio on the northwest side. The project, designed by Sutton Architecture, will take about six to eight months of work, according to documents submitted in advance to the Planning Board.
The Board also recommended approval by the Common Council for:
- Outdoor patios for Delaware North's Patina 250 and Jake's Cafe & Coffeehouse, at the Westin Buffalo Hotel, at 250 Delaware Ave. in downtown Buffalo.
- An outdoor patio at 1122 Hertel Ave. in the Hertel Avenue Special District.
- A new restaurant at 1586 South Park Ave., in the South Park Special District, at the site of the former Valle of Mexico restaurant.
- Rezoning of 20 Cornelia St., near Larkinville, to manufacturing from residential.
- Rezoning of 501 Goodyear Ave. to commercial from residential.