Share this article

print logo

KeyBank cites progress with First Niagara accounts

KeyBank said First Niagara customers had more success on Wednesday signing into Key's online banking system.

Key sought to streamline the enrollment system for First Niagara customers whose accounts were converted to Key after some customers ran into problems on Tuesday. The accounts were converted over the weekend, but Tuesday was the first full day the change took effect for customers.

[Related: Many First Niagara customers have trouble after KeyBank switch]

"We continue to simplify and streamline the online banking sign-on and authentication processes in response to customer feedback and are making progress enrolling First Niagara online banking clients in KeyBank online banking," said Jodi Johnston, a Key spokeswoman.

On Tuesday, some First Niagara customers complained they couldn't access their Key accounts, and then they faced long waits -- sometimes stretching for hours -- when trying to contact Key's customer help line. Some of those same complaints surfaced on Wednesday.

Key said that as of early Wednesday afternoon, about 35 percent of all First Niagara customers who use online banking had signed on to KeyBank's system. The other 65 percent had yet to sign in.

[Related: 'Very high call volume' delays frustrating KeyBank customers]

Key said 90,000 First Niagara customers accessed Key's online banking on Tuesday, and an additional 30,000 accessed the service by early Wednesday afternoon.

Johnston acknowledged that "call center volume is running higher than we anticipated."

Key added 350 people to its customer contact centers to handle the expected increase in calls.

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment