Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting the new BuffaloNews.com. Here are some answers to questions you may have as you get acquainted with the new site.
* How do I get to my favorite section? I used to look in the bar atop the site and click on that link.
The navigation remains; it just moved. Click on the three horizontal bars on the top left of just about any page to get a list of sections. (Now the navigation is the same no matter where you view BuffaloNews.com – mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop.)
For more video tutorials to help you navigate the new website, visit The News' YouTube channel.
* Where did the Latest Local News section go? I used to look there, just below the featured story, for the latest news.
On the home page or home scroll, look for the Local News box. It has the same list of latest local news stories.
For even more, go to a list of every item posted the last 24 hours. Click the three-bar navigation on the top left of your screen and select the item "Last 24 hours."
Give our "Know It Now" feature a try. It will always be prominently featured and get you up to speed on what is happening in Buffalo and Western New York.
* How do I find the death listings?
This page remains in the same format. Click the three-bar navigation on the top left of your screen and select the seventh item down, "Deaths."
* I used to visit the City & Region section, but I just cannot find it.
We call it Local News on the new site, but it’s the same coverage.
Click the three-bar navigation on the top left of your screen and select the item near the top, "Local News."
* What is with all the squares and rectangles instead of the content being listed the way I was used to?
It’s just a new, mobile-friendly presentation. (All of those boxes either fit on a mobile screen or easily shrink down to one.) We also like the new design because it makes it easy to display related stories together. And it makes it easy to deliver special reports on hot topics or big news – from corruption investigations to the Bills next game. After you have a chance to use the new design for a while, we hope you will like it.
* What happened to the comments? Do I need a Facebook account to post comments?
Yes, our new commenting system is a Facebook system, and you need a Facebook account to leave comments. We have been using Facebook comments on certain content for a few months now and given its ease of use, among other factors, we are now expanding the system to our entire site.
* Will The Buffalo News smartphone app also change with this website redesign update?
The Buffalo News smartphone app will not change at this time, but you can access the new mobile-friendly site with the Chrome or Safari browsers on your smartphone.
* When browsing on The Buffalo News app, I still get the "To read the full story, please click here" message on occasion. Will this eventually go away?
Yes. The first part of this process for us was launching a new site. The next step, sometime in the next few months, is a new iPhone app that resembles our new site. That also will put an end to the “please click here” messages.
* I would like to provide feedback on the new site; how do I go about doing that? Or, my question was not answered; who can help me?
Please email email@example.com. We want to hear what you think. If you have an unanswered question, we will do our best to answer it.