Some of the points claimed in lawsuit to block fantasy-sports contests in New York:
- Fantasy-sports contests are illegal "games of chance," not legal "games of skill."
- As with poker and horse racing, skill can help fantasy-sports bettor, but there's also luck of the draw.
- State lawmakers and Gov. Cuomo exceeded their legal authority in approving these contests.
- Instead, those officials should have sought constitutional amendment to legalize the practice.
- Legislation approving fantasy-sports betting passed in middle of night, at end of 2016 session.
- Fantasy-sports companies target millennials not attracted to bricks-and-mortar casinos.