How they fared
1. Canisius (4-0): beat St. Francis, 55-13. Next: Friday at Alden, 7 p.m.
2. Lancaster (4-0): beat Williamsville North, 42-14. Next: Saturday at Orchard Park, 1 p.m.
3. Orchard Park (3-1): beat Frontier, 54-0. Next: Saturday vs. Lancaster, 1 p.m.
4. Williamsville North (3-1): lost to Lancaster, 42-14. Next: Friday at Clarence, 7 p.m.
5. St. Francis (0-3): lost to Canisius, 55-13. Next: Saturday vs. V-Aquinas, 7 p.m.
6. Bennett (3-1): lost to South Park, 16-0. Next: Saturday vs. West Seneca West, 1 p.m.
7. St. Joe’s (2-2): lost to V-Aquinas, 20-14. Next: Saturday vs. Cathedral Prep (Pa.), 1 p.m.
8. North Tonawanda (3-1): lost to Grand Island, 38-35. Next: Friday at Starpoint, 7 p.m.
9. Starpoint (4-0): beat Lockport, 48-28. Next: Friday vs. North Tonawanda, 7 p.m.
10. South Park (3-1): beat Bennett, 16-0. Next: Friday vs. West Seneca East, 7 p.m.
1. Cheektowaga (4-0): beat Burgard, 35-14. Next: Friday vs. Iroquois, 7 p.m.
2. Medina (4-0): beat V-University Prep, 44-30. Next: Friday at Depew, 7:30 p.m.
3. Maple Grove (4-0): beat Cattaraugus/Little Valley, 42-0. Next: Friday at Franklinville/Ellicottville, 7 p.m.
4. Springville (2-2): lost to Olean, 26-16. Next: Friday vs. Jamestown, 7 p.m.
5. Maryvale (4-0): beat Tonawanda, 42-6. Next: Saturday at Burgard, 4 p.m.
6. Burgard (2-2): lost to Cheektowaga, 35-14. Next: Saturday vs. Maryvale, 4 p.m.
7. Alden (3-1): beat Barker/Roy-Hart, 44-24. Next: Friday vs. Canisius, 7 p.m.
8. Cleveland Hill (4-0): beat Akron, 42-7. Next: Saturday vs. Eden/North Collins, 2 p.m.
9. JFK (3-1): lost to Lackawanna, 42-12. Next: Saturday vs. Wilson, 1:30 p.m.
10. Franklinville/Ell. (4-0): beat Randolph, 37-36. Next: Friday vs. Maple Grove, 7 p.m.
• Grand Island quarterback Conner Buzby did more than fill-in for injured starter Cam Sionko. He threw the ball all over the place in Grand Island’s 38-35 win at North Tonawanda. Buzby completed 23-of-34 passes for 357 yards and four touchdowns.
• Cole Burniston made 10 tackles, recorded 2.5 sacks, grabbed an interception, scored on a 44-yard pass reception and had 53 yards on six carries during Canisius’ 55-13 victory over defending Monsignor Martin postseason champion St. Francis.
• Nick Schaefer had a perhaps his best all-around performance in a South Park uniform. He made eight tackles including two for losses, passed for 161 yards and a touchdown and averaged 45 yards per punt during the Sparks’ 16-0 win over Class A South rival Bennett.
• Izaiah Rhim threw for 201 yards and five touchdowns in helping Medina improve to 4-0 with a 44-30 win over University Prep of Section V.
• Josh Bartz’s two sacks in the final minute enabled West Seneca East to preserve its 14-13 Class A South win over Hamburg in a clash between Southtowns rivals.
• Max Giordano also had a fine all-around performance for Lancaster during the Legends’ 42-14 triumph over previously unbeaten Williamsville North. Giordano caught four passes for 126 yards and a touchdown, caught a two-point conversion, kicked three extra points and drilled a 30-yard field goal.
• Eric Bartnik passed for 170 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 118 and another score as Cheektowaga remained unbeaten with a 35-14 win over Burgard in a rematch of last year’s Class B final.
• Jacob Reger rushed 16 times for 85 yards and a touchdown and made an interception during Clarence’s 26-16 win at Niagara Falls as the Red Devils improved to 4-0.
• Bill Seiders rushed for 202 yards on 28 carries and his second touchdown of the game as time expired led Silver Creek over Frewsburg, 46-40.
• Dylan Vincent scored on a 61-yard reception and 91-yard fumble recovery for Olean in a 26-16 win over Springville.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s games, including interviews from Grand Island’s win at North Tonawanda and South Park’s triumph over Bennett.
Photo galleries of those games as well as Lancaster’s win over Williamsville North, Canisius’ over St. Francis and Cheektowaga’s over Burgard are also available. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.