The Albright-Knox Art Gallery formally announced plans for an $100 million expansion Friday afternoon. Gov. Andrew Cuomo was in town for the announcement, a day after nine people were charged with corruption, some tied to the Buffalo Billion initiative.
During the news conference, Cuomo also announced that Empire State Development, headed by Howard Zemsky, will take over SUNY Poly projects tied to Buffalo Billion.
- Cuomo tells reporters he had no knowledge of wrongdoing in pay-to-play case
- What is Empire State Development, and who is Howard Zemsky?
- Albright-Knox raises $100 million with help from Buffalo-born billionaire
- Bob McCarthy: How will corruption charges affect Cuomo’s future?
- David Robinson: Corruption charges won’t sink the Buffalo Billion
- FBI agent: Email evidence built the Buffalo Billion case
- Cuomo comes to Buffalo day after bombshell corruption case explodes