Share this article

print logo

Exploding lithium-ion battery causes $1,000 damage to couch in Delware Ave. apartment

A lithium-ion battery exploded on a couch in a five-story Delaware Avenue apartment building Monday night, causing $1,000 in damages.

Buffalo firefighters were sent to the building at 1310 Delaware about 10:25 p.m. The fire was limited to the couch in one of the third-floor apartments. The fire was reported out at 10:33 P.M. and Fire Department officials said the fire was contained to a cushion on the couch.

There are no comments - be the first to comment