The Buffalo Bandits will have a chance to get off to a good start next season.
The 2016-17 schedule has been announced by the team, and the Bandits will begin the season with three straight home games. They will start the season on Friday, Dec. 30, against the Colorado Mammoth. That will be followed by home games with Georgia on Jan. 14 and Vancouver on Jan. 21.
Since the Bandits close with two home games, Buffalo will play nine of the remaining 13 contests on the schedule away from home. That includes a stretch that will see the Bandits play six of seven games on the road. The one home game in that stretch will be on April 1 against Saskatchewan, the league's defending champion.
Buffalo has three weekends this season in which it will play two games. The most challenging might be on March 3 and 4. The Bandits will host Rochester at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 3 at the KeyBank Center, and then play the Knighthawks in Rochester at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 4.
Except for the March 3 game, all Bandits' home contests will begin at 7:30 p.m.
The full schedule:
- Friday, Dec. 30 - vs. Colorado - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 14 - vs. Georgia - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 21 - vs. Vancouver - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 28 - at New England - 7 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 3 - at Toronto - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 17 - vs. New England - 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 19 - at New England - 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 25 - vs. Toronto - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 3 - vs. Rochester - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4 - at Rochester - 1 p.m.
- Friday, March 17 - at Vancouver - 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25 - at Rochester - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 1 - vs. Saskatchewan - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 8 - at Calgary - 9 p.m.
- Friday, April 14 - at Toronto - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 15 - at Georgia - 7:05 p.m.
- Saturday, April 22 - vs. Georgia - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29 - vs. Toronto - 7:30 p.m