Grants totaling $38,000 will help identify cultural resources and historic structures in neighborhoods in Buffalo, East Aurora, Springville and Hamburg.
The New York State Council on the Arts and Preservation League of New York State will present the Preserve New York grants Tuesday. They include:
• $12,000 to Roycroft Campus Corp. in East Aurora for a historic structure report on the Print Shop to provide guidance on how to maintain the building.
• $7,000 to the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus to complete a cultural resource survey of the Fruit Belt neighborhood to aid in revitalizing the neighborhood.
• $7,000 to Preservation Buffalo Niagara to complete a cultural resource survey of the Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood to protect the remaining cultural heritage of the area.
• $7,000 to the Village of Springville to provide documentation to expand the East Main-Mechanic streets historic district and prepare documentation for a West Main Street historic district.
• $5,000 to the Village of Hamburg to conduct a survey identifying structures with historic significance in the West End.