Week One is in the books.
Check out the first News football polls of the season here.
Here is how the News voted.
1 Canisius: A 60-6 win is an attention-getter.
2 Williamsville North: Hwang and company get the job done with a nice win at Jamestown.
3. St. Joe's: Maybe I'm overshooting here but the Marauders did beat a defending state champion, and I liked the Kelly kid.
4. St. Francis: Save it folks. The Red Raiders play one of the toughest schedules in the state. No shame in losing to one of top schools in the state of Ohio. They are a top-five team.
5. Lancaster: Nice win to start off Eric Rupp coaching era
6. Orchard Park: Like St. Francis, there's no shame in stepping up competition and losing. I have a feeling the Quakers will work their way up down the road.
7. Bishop Timon-St. Jude: At least the Tigers didn't give up 60. Mother-of-all schedules should toughen them up for games that matter in November.
8. Bennett: Return to big-boy division football, and the Tigers deliver big-time effort in road win at Class A runner-up West Seneca East.
9. Kenmore West: Tough call here between Blue Devils and an unnamed Class A team. Opted for AA squad that handled its business and then some against lower-division team.
10. Jamestown: Tough opener for Red Raiders. Liked the fact they played for win instead of the tie by going for two (and failing) before Jason Hwang's late TD sealed their fate.
1. Cheektowaga. Warriors dispatch Dunkirk team looking to post its third straight winning season.
2. Alden. Bulldogs could very well be the team to catch in Class B East after good showing in season-opening win over Depew.
3. Springville: Ian Baker and Company step up for the first of two nonleaguers against Class AA teams in home opener vs. Frontier on Friday.
4. East Aurora: The Blue Devils showed Lackawanna who's Boss in Steelers' return to Class B, as Matt Boss has big day under center in EA victory.
5. Maple Grove: Expected win via rout in Week One. Really would have liked to have seen how Dragons would have done in Class B this season.
6. Maryvale: That's twice in three years Buccieri's crew has earned Week One rivalry win over Cleve Hill.
7. Burgard: Bulldogs' 'Dominator,' Dominic Prince, makes plays to help Class B runner-up start on a triumphant note.
8. Medina: After routing nearby rival, Mustangs look to keep good times rolling with tough contest at really-far-away-division-foe Lackawanna.
9. Cleveland Hill: After playing up a division, return to normalcy with home opener Saturday against Wilson.
10. Franklinville/Ellicottville: Defending Class D champions deserve spot in poll until someone knocks them off.