Share this article

print logo

Cat saved from Amherst house fire possibly caused by faulty dehumidifier

An Amherst home sustained about $105,000 in damage in an overnight fire possibly caused by a faulty dehumidifier, according to Amherst Fire Control.

The blaze at 116 Millbrook Drive, north of Sheridan Drive near the Youngmann Highway, was reported at 1:34 a.m.

Neighbors reported smoke coming from the home and firefighters found a fire in the basement. The home’s occupants were able to evacuate.

A cat was rescued from the fire and taken to an emergency veterinary clinic.

The cause of the blaze is under investigation.

There are no comments - be the first to comment