Share this article

print logo

Erie County highway garage has electrical fire

The Erie County highway garage in East Concord had an electrical fire that did limited damage around 7 a.m. Monday.

The fire was started by an electrical component plugged into a wall in the break room, said county spokesman Peter Anderson.

The rapid response by employees, along with the timing of the fire, when employees were present, resulted in “minimal damage,” Anderson said.

He added that one of the employees who helped control the fire and extinguish it is a fire chief with the Colden Fire Department.

There are no comments - be the first to comment