Share this article

print logo

Amherst apartment fire caused by careless cooking

A kitchen fire caused by careless cooking displaced two adults and caused $50,000 in damage to an Amherst apartment Thursday night, according to Amherst Fire Control.

The blaze at 101 East Summerset Lane, off Tonawanda Creek Road just east of Niagara Falls Boulevard, was reported at 9:30 p.m.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and the blaze was out within 14 minutes of crews entering the apartment, the fire control office said.

The Red Cross was called to help two adults.

There are no comments - be the first to comment