• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Lockport Town Hall, 7 p.m. Monday. Call 433-1014 or 628-2211.
• Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Lakewood Rod & Gun Club, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Call 640-2776.
• Dorie Mille Rifle & Pistol Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call 715-0138 or visit maxi7.com.
• Niagara Frontier 2016 3-D League, 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, sign-ups 3:30-6 p.m. Tuesday. Call 799-9791.
• Allied Sportsmen Club Shoots, 12846 Clinton St., Alden: The ATA Car Shoot, has been changed to an ATA shoot, registrations begin at 8 a.m. Sept. 4. For entry details, call (585) 547-3646.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club Ladies Shoot & Hoot and seventh annual Women Conquering Outdoor Adventures, 9 a.m. Sept. 10. Early registrations by Friday. Call 438-2009.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for dates and nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860. Area instructors registering students can post details of those classes with an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “8-Hour In-Service Class,” 9 a.m. Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Erie County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs 45th Annual National Hunting & Fishing Day celebrations/activities, Elma Conservation Club, 600 Creek Road, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 24. Youths and adults are invited to exhibits and presentations such as fishing clinics, trap shooting, archery, crossbow and air rifle shooting, deer management and turkey-calling info, trapping and fur handling, and many other pursuits. Details and added activities appear regularly on the federation Web site: eriectyfsc.org.
• Bog Trotters Rifle and Pistol Club Gun Show, Eden Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 on Route 62, Eden, 9 a.m,-3 p.m., Aug. 28, Food and Refreshments available all day.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Buffalo River Nature Kayak Tour, 6-9 p.m. Tuesday; and “Owl Prowl,”8:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday. Most events require registration. Call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., “Tifft Trek – Guided Tour of the Preserve for All Ages,” 2-3:30 p.m. Aug. 28. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Educators Workshop Project Learning Tree (for educators of grades K-8),” 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Thursday; and “Outdoor Skills (for ages 8 and older),” 10 a.m. Saturday. For all programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Search for Hidden Creatures,” Knox Farm State Park, 2:30-4 p.m. Aug. 28, call 549-1050. “Sprague Brook Park,” 9:30 a.m., Sunday, call 823-8156. For all Foothills events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Wild Spirit Education Stories in the Woods Program: Castile Youth Center, 10 a.m. Tuesday. To register, visit meetup.com/Nature-in-WNY.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Animal Walk – Insect Safari,” 1 p.m. Wednesday, and “Learn About Letchworth Series – Mr. Letchworth and Three Enlightened Colleagues by Ted Bartlett,” 7 p.m. Wednesday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Items to the Outdoors Calendar should be submitted by email at least 15 days in advance to email@example.com.