The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo on Thursday announced $250,000 in grants to 19 Western New York organizations from endowment funds from the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation.
Last November, the Wilson Foundation announced $7 million in endowments in the areas of youth sports, cancer care and cultural tourism, as well as for the Hunter’s Hope Foundation, the Western New York Amateur Football Alliance and the Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo.
The awards announced Thursday came from the youth sports, cancer care and cultural tourism funds.
From the fund for cancer care:
• $25,000 - Kevin Guest House
• $15,000 - Genesee Cancer Assistance
• $13,145 - Kaleida Health
• $7,500 - Kaely’s Kindness Foundation
• $4,785 - Brian Moorman’s PUNT Foundation
• $4,785 - Camp Good Days and Special Times
• $4,785 - Matthew Foster Foundation
From the fund for community assets:
• $15,000 - Our Lady of Victory Homes of Charity
• $15,000 - Roycroft Campus Corporation
• $15,000 - Buffalo Zoo
• $10,000 - Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
• $10,000 - Albright-Knox Art Gallery
• $10,000 - Martin House Restoration Corp.
From the fund for youth sports:
• $23,960 - Buffalo Seminary
• $20,000 - Girls on the Run of Buffalo
• $18,500 - Nardin Academy
• $15,000 - The First Tee of WNY
• $12,500 - Resource Council of WNY
• $10,040 - Salvation Army
For updates on the next grant cycle, visit cfgb.org/for-nonprofits/for-grantseekers/wilsonfunds/.