PERRY – A firefighter was injured and a nearby hotel was evacuated due to a fire in an apartment building Tuesday in Wyoming County.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at 21 Page Circle just before 2:30 p.m., the Wyoming County Office of Emergency Services said.
The building sustained $125,000 in damage. A fan/air purification system in a second-floor kitchen malfunctioned, sparking the blaze, the office said.
Heavy smoke conditions caused the hotel next door to be evacuated. Four adult residents are being helped by the Red Cross.