LEWISTON – Winners in several categories were announced Saturday during the 50th annual Lewsiton Art Festival, featuring the works of more than 175 artists. The show continues from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Following are the results:
• Best of Show, Evette Slaughter, Chinatown, oil.
• Painting (oil and acrylic) – first, Geoffry Harding, The Diplomat, oil; second, Jake Linkowski, Alone on the lake, oil; third, Douglas Mess, Paris Café, oil.
• Painting (watercolor) – first, Kathleen Giles, A Sustaining Passion; second, Kathleen Dworak, Chrome and Mirrors; and third, Mary Furlong, Falls View.
• Photography – first, Daid Lawrence Reade, Solitary Solitude; second, Kevin Schoonover,Time Remembers; third, William Butski, Rural Abbys; honorable mention, James Neiss, Forest Queen.
• Graphic Arts & Drawing – first, Deborah Kristich, Crossed Digital; second, Amanda Polanski, Navy Bratt, color pencil; third, D. Kim Reeves, The Walrus was Paul, acrylic; honorable mention, Elizabeth Andrews, Blue Beard’s Dungeon etching/intaglio.
• Sculpture – first, Madeline Haenle, Old Man, stoneware clay; second, Marc Gaiger, Mantle Clock, wood/metal; third, Colleen Williams, Are you reading me?, stoneware porcelain; honorable mention, Mark English, Hope, recycled steel.
• Mixed Media – first, Kathryn Nidy, contemporary hand-weaving tapestry; second, Joshua Fraass, Life Through Style; third, Dale Marriot, Night Ocean House, bonded marble acrylic; and honorable mention, Ryan McDaniel, Cherry Springs Stars, charcoal/acrylic acetone on paper.
• Artistic Craft (jewelry) – first, Lisa Ballowe, Horse Tail Splendor, bead embroidery; second, Mark Van de Bogart,Tourmaline Treasure, gold; third, Leanne Marquis, Labradorite Rising; honorable mention, Bonnie Heddon, Tourmaline Song.
• Artistic Craft (other) –first, John Baun, Still Waters I & II, wood; second, Suzanne O’Brien, Remembrance, wet felting; third, Joe Wiesnet, The Herd, wood; honorable mention, Bruce McCausland,The Mandala, ceramic.
• Best Booth Display – #471 Smadar Livne.
• KeyBank Chalk Walk Competition – first, Gramd Island; second, Lewsiston-Porter Team No. 2; third, Lewiston-Porter Team No. 1; President’s Choice, Mount St. Mary’s Academy; People’s Choice Award, Sweet Home High School.