• Niagara Musky Association, The Eldredge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday. Call 223-3816.
• New York Walleye Association, George Washington Fishing & Camping Club, 2805 Niagara St., 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call 875-8148.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club International, Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Jun Engles will discuss “Food Plot Planning.” Call 570-8275.
• Niagara Frontier 2016 3-D League, North Forest Rod & Gun Club, Lockport, sign-ups 3:30-6 p.m., Tuesday. For details, call 799-9719.
• West Falls Conservation Society 15-Target 3-D Archery Shoot, 55 Bridge St., Thursday evenings, 4 p.m.-dusk, starting Thursday, Aug. 4, to Sept. 29. All bow shooters welcome, unlimited shooting, spaghetti dinners available. Call 655-5030.
• Allied Sportsmen Club Great American Shell Shoot, 12846 Clinton St., Alden, registration begins at 8 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 7, featuring 100, 16-yard targets, handicaps, and doubles. For more details, call 867-1458.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and for nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860. Area certification instructors can post details of those classes with an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Doc’s Archery, 908 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, 6 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 31 and Saturday, Sept. 3. Students must pre-register and obtain homework materials at the shop, Wednesday, Aug. 3 to Sunday, Aug. 17. Call 693-23703.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 6. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 6-9 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2; and “Utah, Florida & Arizona Multi-State Permit Class,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 5:45-9 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 4. Call 903-2558 or visit email@example.com.
• County Fair dates and contacts: Niagara County Fair Aug. 3-7; visit cceniagaracounty.org; Wyoming County Fair, Aug. 13-20, visit wyomingcountyfair.org; Erie County Fair, Aug. 10-21, visit ecfair.org.
• Franklinville Furbearers Trapping Rendezvous, Franklinville Conservation Club, 3040 Bakerstand Road, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Aug. 5-7, seminars, a calling contest and vendors. Call 353-2781 or visit franklinvilleconservationclub.com.
• 34th annual Cattaraugus County Trappers Association Annual Sportsmen Rendezvous, Little Valley Fairgrounds, 501 Erie St., Aug. 12-14. Seminars on Friday and Saturday. Call 938-9146 or 557-2523.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Walk at Knox Farm State Park – Pond Dipping,” 9-10:30 a.m., Saturday; and “Observatory at Beaver Meadow – Guided Tour of the Night Sky,” Dusk, Saturday. Most events require registration. Call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Little Tykes Mini Nature Camp (for ages 3-5),” 9:30-11:30 a.m., Aug. 8. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Senior Stroll,” 10:30 a.m., Wednesday; and “Woods Walk: Animal Tracks and Signs,” 11 a.m., Saturday. For all programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “To the Flats and Back,” Whirlpool State Park, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, call 282-5154.
• Buffalo Orienteering Club Program: “”3-Hour Score-O”, Sprague Brook Park, Glenwood, registrations and map training, 10-10:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. start, Saturday, for walkers and runners of all ages and abilities. For details, call 480-1713 or visit buffalo-orienteering.org.
• Wild Spirit Education Program: “Stories in the Woods (for ages 9-14),” 2:30 p.m. at Arcade Village Park, Tuesday and at Rose Acre Preserve (for teens), 10 a.m., Wednesday. To sign up for either site, visit metup.com/Interlunar.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Program: “Mid-Summer Night’s Adventure,” 5-11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 13, collect fossils and view astronomical sights. Call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Nature Walk – Big Flats and Smokey Hollow Trails,” 10 a.m., Thursday; and “Indoor Ed-Venture – Ferns,” 2 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 7. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.