Share this article

print logo

Portville woman dies after fire in her home

PORTVILLE – A Portville woman died from smoke inhalation Monday evening after an electrical fire in her home.

Patricia Luedtke, 84, was transported to Olean General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead from smoke inhalation, the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office reported.

Sheriff’s investigators said a passerby noticed smoke coming out of the home at 118 Portville Eldred Road about 6:40 p.m. Monday, and called 911. The Portville Fire Department, along with several surrounding departments, responded to the fire.

An investigation by the Sheriff’s Office and the Cattaraugus County Fire Investigation Team determined that the fire was accidental, the result of faulty electrical components.