Southern Erie County
A benefit for East Aurora brother and sister Kelsey and Collin Voss to raise money in their fight against Lyme Disease will be held from noon to 5 p.m. July 24 at American Legion Post 362, 1 Legion Drive/Center Street.
Tickets for adults are $20 presale or $25 at the door or $10 for students. The benefit includes music by Rocket 88, basket auctions, as well as food and a bar. Children ages 5 and under are free. For more information or to purchase tickets, call Michelle at 548-6804 or Dave at 652-2256.
This week in Southern Erie County:
• The Angola Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday at Angola Village Hall, 41 Commercial St.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 930 Lake St., will hold a Yard and Rummage sale from 9 a.m. to noon Friday and a bag sale from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
• The East Aurora School Board meets in its reorganizational meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Middle School, 430 Main St.
• The Holland Town Board meets at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, 47 Pearl St.
• The Lakeshore School District’s kindergarten registration is ongoing for those looking to sign up their child, beginning in September. In order to be enrolled, the child must be age 5 on or before Dec. 1, 2016. Proof of age must be brought when signing the child up and this can be a birth certificate, baptismal record or a passport.
There must also be an updated immunization record present as well as proof of residency.
For more information call the registar’s office at 926-2217 or you can pick up a registration materials at the William T. Hoag Educational Building, 42 Sunset Blvd., Angola.
• In Blasdell, Tom Sell, a member of the civic group, A Better Blasdell, has been battling cancer. As a result, a website has been created to tell his story and help raise money to assist with the medical costs. For more information, visit verizoni2r.wix.com/standupwithtomsell.
• The Woodlawn Beach Tiki Bar will host a “Flow on the Beach” beginning at 4 p.m. Saturday. The event will include music by Funktional Flow, Slip Madigan, DJ Drop D and comedian Joe Haley.
Tickets are $10 at the door. The event is weather permitting.
Families may enjoy bounce houses, a garage fitness class and the movie “Elf” at Christmas in July in the Town of Evans.
The event begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Evans Town Park at 8965 Old Lakeshore Road. Children may also meet Santa Claus.
For more details, visit the town government’s website at www.townofevans.org or call the Parks Department at 549-0970.
• A Springville Village Board meeting starts at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• The Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. will offer a book sale Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. For more details, call the library at 592-7742.
• Music on Main Street will continue with the Boston Town Band, a concert band, performing at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in front of Eden Elementary School on Main Street. If there is rain, the concert will shift to the elementary school’s auditorium.
• The North Collins School Board meets in a reorganization meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• A Village of Springville Planning Commission meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• The Village of Springville Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• Erie County Legislature Chairman John J. Mills, R-Orchard Park, will host the 10th annual hot dog roast to benefit libraries in his district from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Eden Library at 2901 E. Church St. and 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord. For more details, call his office at 858-8850.
• The Evans Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road.
• The North Collins Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 10569 Main St.
• Dick O’Dell and 23 Skidoo will perform as part of the Lawn Chair Music Series at 7 p.m. Wednesday in New Oregon Park on New Oregon Road in North Collins
• An Eden Town Board meeting will start at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• The Blarney Bunch will play Irish music as part of the Concerts in the Park series from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in Springville. If there is rain, the concert will move to the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St.
• The Concord Town Board meets at at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Town Hall courtroom.
• Summerfest in the Town of Evans is from noon to 7 p.m. next Sunday in Evans Town Park. For more details, visit the town government’s website at www.townofevans.org or call 549-5787.