Elvis impersonator Terry Buchwald returns to this year’s BurgerFest at noon Saturday, July 16, just one of the entertainers on two stages.
The festival is located along Main and Buffalo streets in the Village and in the Village of Hamburg Municipal parking lot starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, and includes a classic car show, fine arts and craft show and activities for children. There will be stages on Main Street and in the village lot.
The festival celebrates the birth of the burger at the Hamburg fairgrounds in 1885. The story goes that Frank and Charles Menches ran out of pork sausage for sandwiches, and they turned to ground beef and secret ingredients, including ground coffee, to create the hamburger. BurgerFest is presented by Rotary Club of Hamburg, Hamburg Rotary, Sunrise Club, Town of Hamburg Lions Club and Kiwanis Club of Hamburg
This week in Hamburg:
• The Hamburg Village Board will hold a special meeting and work session at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St., to go over proposals for property it owns on South Buffalo Street at Eighteen Mile Creek.
• The Hamburg Village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Shoppes at Lake Avenue (the Save-A-Lot Plaza.)
• The Hamburg Village Environmental Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell concert series continues at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with Black Diamond at the JFK Playground at the corner of Avon Street and Grafton Avenue.
• The Hamburg Village Band will play at 7 p.m. at Memorial Park as part of the Village of Hamburg summer concerts in the park. The rain site is Union-Pleasant Elementary Auditorium.
• The Frontier Central School Board will hold a special meeting at 5 p.m. Thursday in the Frontier Education al Center, 5120 Orchard Ave., to receive training on paperless meetings.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.