A 46-year-old man who died Monday after being shot just across the city line in Cheektowaga became one of the area’s latest victims of gun violence.
An additional 10 people were shot over a seven-day span in the city between June 27 and Monday, according to Buffalo police reports, including two men who were shot in the legs early Monday afternoon near Dodge Street and Roehrer Avenue on the East Side.
Here’s what is known about each of the shootings:
• A Grand Island man told Buffalo police that he was shot in the thigh in the city’s Riverside section at about 1 a.m. June 27. The victim told police that he was at an unspecified location when someone approached his vehicle, demanded money and displayed a gun, according to a police report. The man was able to drive away after he was shot.
• Police responded to East Delavan Avenue and Pansy Place in the Hamlin park section just after 9 p.m. last Tuesday concerning a male who was shot.
• Two people were shot on Humason Avenue on the Far East Side on Wednesday, including a now-12-year-old boy who is listed in critical condition in Erie County Medical Center. The boy, Juan “Macho” Rodriguez, was shot in the doorway of his home as he tried to gather his brothers and sisters inside when the shooting began.
Detavion Magee, 20, was also shot. Police believe that he was the intended target of the shooting.
• A person was shot in the left knee near Langfield Drive and Edison Avenue on the East Side early Thursday, just after midnight. The male victim told police that two males approached him while he was standing at a bus stop.
• A 25-year-old man was shot in front of a store at Grant Street and Garner Avenue on the West Side just after 9 p.m. Thursday. The victim was shot in the side, and the assailant fled the area on foot, according to a police report.
• A 40-year-old man was shot just after 10 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of Dearborn Street.
• A person was shot in the arm around 3:20 a.m. Saturday at Broadway and Young Street on the East Side.
• On Marne Road in Cheektowaga, a man was shot several times Sunday night. Police were called to 46 Marne at about 9:45 p.m.
The victim, whose name was not released pending notification of relatives, died early Monday at ECMC, said Cheektowaga Assistant Police Chief James J. Speyer Jr. A preliminary investigation appeared to show that the shooter and the victim knew each other, Speyer said.
• Gunfire hit two men, ages 34 and 39, in the legs shortly before 1 p.m. Monday. The victims were taken to ECMC in a private vehicle, according to Buffalo police spokesman Michael J. DeGeorge. Their identities have not been released. The wounds were not life-threatening, DeGeorge said.
There also have been several incidents of gunfire that damaged homes and vehicles but where no one was wounded.
A woman told police that she found bullet holes in the driver’s side door and the rear bumper of a vehicle near Marshall and Bardol streets, near Genesee Street and Walden Avenue, at about 5 p.m. Thursday.
At about 11:30 p.m. Friday, bullets fired from inside a vehicle struck the outside walls of Frontier Liquor Store, 121 Grant St., on the West Side
A vehicle was struck by a bullet at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday on Paul Place in South Buffalo.
Buffalo police ask anyone who may have information on any of the shootings to call or text the department’s confidential tip line at 847-2255.