For Justice John A. Michalek:
• Carrie H. Cohen – Former federal prosecutor under Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara who led the criminal case against former Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.
For G. Steven Pigeon:
• Paul J. Cambria – Noted Buffalo defense attorney with a national profile, who has represented clients ranging from publisher Larry Flynt to musicians DMX and Marilyn Manson.
• Dennis C. Vacco – Former U.S. attorney for Western New York and former New York attorney general. His expertise as a noted former prosecutor is expected to figure in the defense of Pigeon, who has been under investigation by both state and federal authorities.
For Underberg & Kessler:
• Terrence M. Connors – Noted Buffalo defense attorney who is a member of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. The former Canisius College basketball player represents the interests of Pigeon’s former law firm.
For Kristy L. Mazurek:
• Joel A. Daniels: Another of Buffalo’s top defense lawyers who has represented high profile clients like Dr. James Corasanti. He has been consulting with Mazurek, a former television reporter and current Assembly candidate who was treasurer of Pigeon’s latest independent political committee.
For Steven M. Casey:
• Rodney O. Personius: Former federal prosecutor who once headed the Buffalo U.S. attorney’s financial crimes unit. He represents the former Buffalo deputy mayor whose computers were also seized more than 13 months ago.
• Thomas J. Eoannou: One of Buffalo’s top defense attorneys recently noted for representing the rape accuser of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane last year. He now appears for Christopher M. Grant, the political consultant and former chief of staff to Rep. Chris Collins, R-Clarence. The Grant home was also raided by state and federal authorities bearing a search warrant in May of 2015.