Teachers and administrators at Hamburg Central have agreed on evaluation plans with the district.
The Hamburg School Board approved Annual Professional Performance Review plans earlier this month.
That’s a big change from three years ago, when the district lost state aid because there was no agreement on the teacher evaluation plan by the deadline imposed by New York State.
The Teachers Association and Administrative Council also approved the agreements.
At Frontier, retiring Big Tree Elementary Principal Joanne C. Saniewski said the important things are what happen in the classroom.
She was recognized last week for her 26 years with the district, as the School Board honored 21 retirees.
Julia Bermingham will become the new principal July.
• The Town Board meets in a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Shoppes at Lake Avenue (the Save-A-Lot Plaza.)
• The Blasdell concert series continues at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with Funktional Flow at JFK Playground at the corner of Avon Street and Grafton Avenue.
• Tom Stahl and the Dangerfields will play at 7 p.m. at Memorial Park as part of the Village of Hamburg summer concerts in the park. Rain site is Union-Pleasant Elementary Auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.