Southern Erie County
Artists may submit artwork for a calendar and a pictorial postmark to mark the Town of Boston’s bicentennial next year.
A calendar will display town-related artwork in all media. Entries may be sent to the Town Supervisor, Boston Town Hall, or emailed to email@example.com by Sept. 1.
Those who want to submit an entry for the pictorial postmark may find details on the town’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BostonTownHallNY. The Postal Service will use the postmark as its cancellation stamper in the town during 2017. Artists must enter by Sept. 1.
Town officials also need volunteers to assist with the bicentennial events scheduled from December 2016 to the end of 2017. Contact Laura Galligan at 692-4229 or Laura@SocialButterfly.Marketing if interested.
• The Angola summer concert series features Craig Wilkens a Johnny Cash Tribute back to the park for a 7 p.m. gig. The Centennial Park is located one block in back of the post office and is bordered by High, Center and Park streets. Performing on July 6 is the 40-member Erie County Wind Ensemble comprised mostly of professional music teachers and performers.
• Erie County Legislature Chairman John J. Mills, R-Orchard Park, will host a hot dog roast fundraiser to benefit libraries in his district from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the North Collins Public Library at 2095 School St.
• An Eden Conservation Board meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on the Town Hall’s second floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• Participants may begin the Route 66 Walking Challenge at 10:15 a.m. Wednesday outside the Concord Senior Center at 40 Commerce Drive.
• The Frankfurters perform German folk music as part of the Concerts in the Park series from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in Springville. If there is rain, the concert will shift to the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St.
• The Holland School Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Jr/Sr high school auditorium, 103 Canada St.