Thousands of people will descend on Delaware Park tonight for the Corporate Challenge.
Whether you are participating in the race, just going to party or trying to avoid the congestion, here’s what you need to know:
• More than 12,400 people signed up to participate from more than 380 companies in the Buffalo area.
• The race starts at 6:45 p.m.
• The area will start seeing heavy traffic around 4 p.m.
• The area around the Parkside Avenue exit from the Scajaquada Expressway will be heavily traveled between 4 and 7 p.m.
• The following roads will be closed between 5 and 8 p.m.: Amherst Street between Colvin Boulevard and Delaware Avenue. Delaware from Amherst to West Ferry Street; Nottingham Terrace and Middlesex Road between Delaware and Amherst.
• Free parking is available in lots G20, G22 and G24 at Buffalo State College, located off Grant Street north of Rockwell Road.
• Shuttles will run from the parking lots from 4 to 6:15 p.m. and from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
• No parking on grass areas in and around Delaware Park. No parking available at Medaille College. Vehicles parked illegally will be ticketed and towed.
• The 3.5-mile race starts on Amherst Street, just west of Colvin.
• The race ends on the northwest side of Ring Road in Delaware Park. Most of the course is along Delaware Avenue.
• The companies who have the most participants are Wegmans (627); Tops Markets (509); Ingram Micro (469); Kaleida Health (330); HSBC (240); Erie County Medical Center (235); Fidelis Care (212); Elderwood (198); Citi Group (152) and M&T Bank (139).
• The JP Morgan Chase Foundation will donate to Say Yes Buffalo and Classroom Champions.