Southern Erie County
Students entering sixth through 10th grades may enhance their creative problem solving and critical thinking skills in a free camp during the summer at Springville-Griffith Institute High School.
The STEAM camp immerses students in science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. from July 19 to 21 in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
To register, call the school district’s technology office at 592-3246.
Also, a parade, tractor pull and fireworks show will highlight the Chaffee-Sardinia Volunteer Fire Company’s annual carnival Friday through Sunday.
Visitors will find rides, craft vendors, refreshments, a car show and live music in the Sardinia Veterans Park on Genesee Road near Route 16.
For a schedule and other details, visit www.sardiniafire.org or @SardiniaFireNY on Twitter.
• The Holland School Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Jr/Sr high school auditorium, 103 Canada St.
• The North Collins Village Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Village Hall at 10543 Main St.
• A book club meeting is 7 p.m. Monday in the Eden Library at 2901 E. Church St.
• The Springville Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• A Springville-Griffith Institute School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library.
• The North Collins School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• The Evans Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road.
• Buffalo Silver Band will perform jazz and traditional brass band music as the Concerts in the Park series continues from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in Springville. If there is rain, the concert will move to the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St.
• An Off-Road Drainage Committee meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Eden Town Hall. 2795 E. Church St.
• Schoolhouse No. 8 History Center and Museum will host its annual field day from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at 2101 School St. in North Collins. The free event offers children’s games, museum tours and free hot dogs. Museum tours are also available from 1 to 4 p.m. every Sunday until Oct. 16.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has planned spring activities. For details, visit the Town of Concord government’s website at www.townofconcordny.com or call the organization at 592-2768.
•The Village of Blasdell’s splash pad is open from 3:30 to7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday and rental times are available as well. The splash pad is located at the Silver Street playground.
•The Lake Shore School District will celebrate its Class of 2016 with a commencement ceremony at Lake Shore Middle School, 8855 Erie Road, beginning at 1:30 p.m. June 25. The district will offer an opportunity to watch live streaming of the ceremony for the first time this year for those who are unable to attend.
•The East Aurora High School Class of 2016 will conclude its year with its graduation ceremony, the district’s 130th annual commencement, at 2:30 p.m. June 26 at the high school, 1003 Center St.