NIAGARA FALLS – Summer fun on Old Falls is back with busy summer schedule of family-friendly events for both tourists and residents to enjoy, hosted by Old Falls Street USA.
Old favorites are back, including daily games, the “Legends Live on Old Falls Street” concert series, the “Flicks on Old Falls” movie series, and “Free Family Saturday Afternoons.”
All the events are free and will take place in the middle block of Old Falls Street, between First Street and Rainbow Boulevard in downtown Niagara Falls, weather permitting.
• Interactive games are offered daily, 24 hours a day, so that guests can enjoy them whenever they are on Old Falls Street.
• “Flicks on Old Falls,” a nine-week outdoor movies series, begins on June 30 and continues Thursdays through Aug. 25. A preshow party with D&B Karaoke and DJ begins at 7:30 p.m. as guests assemble. Movies begin at approximately 9 p.m. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets. Concessions are available. The movie schedule will be:
• June 30 – “The Muppets;” July 7 – “Minions;” July 14 – “The Smurfs;” July 21 – “Inside Out;” July 28 – “Aladdin;” Aug. 4 – “Mary Poppins;” Aug. 11 – “The Good Dinosaur;” Aug. 18 – “Monsters Inc.;” and Aug. 25 – “Zootopia.”
• “Legends Live on Old Falls Street” is an 11-week Friday concert series sponsored by Legends Bar and Grill. The series begins on Friday and continues through Sept. 2. This year the event has been expanded to include an opening act at 5 p.m. followed by the headliner at 7 p.m. A different regional food truck will be featured each week, such at Ted’s, Chef’s and Pizza Amore. Fireworks are launched over Niagara Falls at the closing of each show at 10 p.m.
The “Legends Live on Old Falls Street” schedule is:
• June 24 – Zak Ward, followed by Kurt & The Loders and featuring the Buffalo’s Best Grill & Catering food truck;
• July 1 – Keith Shuskie Duo followed by Total Eclipse and the Dirty Bird Chicken & Waffles food truck
• July 8 – Sara Elizabeth, followed by Rumourz and the Ted’s Hot Dogs food truck
• July 15 – Joe Webber Duo, followed by Big Sauce Trio and the Chef’s Restaurant food truck
• July 22 – Rob Falgiano Band, followed by 90 West, and the PizzaAmore “The Wood Fire Way” food truck
• July 29 – Michael Krisch, followed by Disco Duck, and the PizzaAmore food truck
• Aug. 5 – Julian Burgio, followed by The Diva Show Band and the Ted’s Hot Dogs food truck
• Aug. 12 – Rock Angel followed by Boys of Summer and the Buffalo’s Best Grill & Catering food truck
• Aug. 19 – Jim Levinthal Band, followed by Black Widow and the Dirty Bird Chicken & Waffles food truck
• Aug. 26 – Jamie Holka Duo, followed by ZigZag and the The Great Foodini food truck
• Sept. 2 – Wood Candy, followed by Widow Maker and The Gourmet-Asian Bistro food truck
Old Falls Street USA is also continuing its “Free Family Fun on Saturday Afternoons,” an eight-week series July 9 through Aug. 26, from noon to 5 p.m. The series includes Old Falls Street’s free interactive games, music by D&B Karaoke and DJ, as well as free interactive family performances.
Here is the schedule:
• July 9 – “In Jest” juggling activities with Nels Ross
• July 16 – Exercise Like The Animals
• July 23 – Buffalo Zoomobile
• July 30 – Giant inflatables with WNY Entertainment Pros, with a bounce house or slide
• Aug. 6 – Interactive breakdance performance by Differential Flava Crew
• Aug. 13 – Old Falls Street’s touch-a-truck and stuff-a-bus event
• Aug. 20 – Petting zoo with Lakeview Animal Sanctuary
• Aug. 27 – Exercise Like The Animals.
More information is available at www.fallsstreet.com