The Orchard Park Library will host a free chess class for beginners age 10 an up from 3 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 7. Register now as space is limited. United States Chess Federation (USCF) Chess Coach Michael McDuffie, of Archangel 8 Chess Academy, will lead the workshop. Chess boards and pieces will be provided. Bring a pad and paper for note taking.
• The town Public Safety Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, police department, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The town Economic Development Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The Town Board meets Wednesday for a 6 p.m. a work session at the Supervisor’s office, Municipal Center.
• The Village Zoning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wendesday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.
• The town summer camp programs begin Tuesday. For information call 662-6450 or check oprec.org.