Hamburg’s 89-year-old Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a contest to come up with a new logo.
The chamber’s website is getting an overhaul, and the organization is opening up the design of a new logo to any Western New York college student, business or individual living in the town, including the villages of Blasdell and Hamburg.
Details can be found on the chamber Facebook page. Entries are due July 7.
Think you know how to drink coffee? Think again.
Coffee is among the topics being presented during this summer’s adult “Ag-ucation” programs presented by the Erie County Agricultural Society.
Registration closes Wednesday for Canning 101, which will be held at 7 p.m. June 29, with lifelong canning instructor Terri Snyder going through the steps and details of canning fresh fruits and vegetables. Students will be able to take home newly-canned banana peppers.
Coffee, from crop to cup, will take place at 7 p.m. July 11, and will explore the world of coffee cultivation, roasting – and drinking.
The history and science of chocolate will run at 7 p.m. July 13, and will follow the process from bean to bar, teaching students how to taste chocolate and enjoy its nuances.
Adult Ag-ucation program information and downloadable registration forms are available at www.ECFair.org.
• The Hamburg Village Board meets in a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier Central School Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave., when the board plans to enter into executive session. It expects to reopen the meeting about 7 p.m.
• The Hamburg Village Architectural Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Shoppes at Lake Avenue (the Save-A-Lot Plaza.)
• The Blasdell concert series continues at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with Back Beat 64 at JFK Playground at the corner of Avon Street and Grafton Avenue.
• The Buffalo Niagara Concert Band will play at 7 p.m. at Memorial Park as part of the Village of Hamburg summer concerts in the park. Rain site is Union-Pleasant Elementary Auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.