The town had some problems with docks at Hamburg Town Beach over the winter.
Highway Superintendent Tom Best Sr. said when crews went to install the docks earlier this month, they discovered one was vandalized and the other was broken from exposure to the elements.
“Three launches are up and running, one was damaged extensively,” he told the Town Board recently. “The fourth one will get running as soon as possible.”
Best also said when the boat launch area was dredged for the season, the contractor caught some rebar in the sand, and six to 10 rods were sticking out of the water. He called in professional divers to cut the rebar.
Dredging this year cost about $25,000 and the divers cost an additional $3,500, he reported to the Town Board.
• The town Planning Board meets in a work session at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 S. Park Ave. Among the items being considered is a request from William Barrett for site plan approval of an ice cream business at 4904 Lakeshore Road.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Shoppes at Lake Avenue (the Save-A-Lot Plaza.)
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.