Share this article

print logo

Fire blamed on unattended cooking

Unattended cooking was said to be the cause of a fire Sunday afternoon on Ellicott Street, just east of Main Street, fire officials said.

Buffalo firefighters responded at 4:14 p.m. to 1030 Ellicott, between Dodge Street and Coe Place, for a report of fire in the multiple-unit, 2½ story dwelling, officials said.

The fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to the building and $10,000 in damage to its contents. No injuries were reported.