Share this article

print logo

Riverside house fire caused by children playing with matches

Fire that damaged a Riverside home Monday evening was sparked by children playing with matches, fire officials said.

Buffalo firefighters were called about 8:20 p.m. to 28 Prairie Ave., off Tonawanda Street, for a report of fire in a front bedroom on the second floor of the 2½-story home, officials said.

The fire was confined to the bedroom and caused an estimated $15,000 in damage to the building and $5,000 to its contents.

The Red Cross was called to assist four adults and four children. No injuries were reported.