Southern Erie County
The Holland Farmers Market will feature soil testing by master gardeners on Sunday. The market, which is located in the town parking lot on Olean Road next to the fire hall, will also have live music by Water Dogs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The market is held on Sundays through October, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Eden Emergency and Rescue Squad has set its annual chicken barbecue for 11 a.m. Sunday in the squad’s building at 2795 E. Church St. Each ticket costs $10.
• The Holland School Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the library at Holland Jr./Sr. High School, 103 Canada St.
• Grievance night, an opportunity for property owners to dispute their assessment, has been set from 6 to 10 p.m. Tuesday on the Eden Town Hall’s second floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• An Eden Conservation Board meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the supervisor’s conference room on the Town Hall’s second floor.
• The Eden Town Board meeting will start at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor.
• Wende Essrow will teach a charcoal art class at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Eden Library at 2901 E. Church St. To register, call the library at 992-4028.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has planned spring activities. For details, visit the Town of Concord’s website at www.townofconcordny.com or call the organization at 592-2768.
• Cruise nights are being held each Thursday from 5 to 8:30 p.m. at American Legion Post 928, 7353 Erie Road, Derby. They will continue each Thursday through Sept. 29. There will be entertainment, 50/50 drawings, food and a bar each week.
Throughout the summer, there will also be a number of special themed nights. This includes a Flag Day Cruise on June 16, Open Wheel and Customs on July 21, Rat Rods and Street Rods on Aug. 18 and a Farewell to Summer on Sept. 15.