The village wants to sell property it owns on South Buffalo Street at Eighteen Mile Creek.
The 2-acre parcel was the site of a tannery and grist mill in 1885, but only the mill remained between 1902 and 1929, according to the village. It has been used for winter snow storage and occasional temporary storage of road construction equipment and materials.
Proposals are due in Village Hall at noon June 10. Village Board members are looking for residential only, mixed-use or commercial projects, and preference will be given to projects that include a residential component. There is approximately 500 feet of creek frontage and 320 feet of South Buffalo Street frontage.
Also, for baseball fans, Buffalo Bisons tickets are on sale at a discounted rate in the Recreation Office at the Town of Hamburg Senior Community Center, 4540 Southwestern Blvd. A portion of the purchase price of each $8 ticket will benefit the Town of Hamburg Recreation Foundation. Vouchers are for reserved seating and are good for any home game the entire Bisons season, with the exception of July 3.
• The Town Board meets in a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 S. Park Ave.
• The Hamburg village Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Community Playground Group is holding a chicken barbecue from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Community Center, 107 Prospect Ave.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Shoppes at Lake Avenue (the Save-A-Lot Plaza.)
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.
• An exhibit of the World War II artwork of the late Norman Maffei of Franklinville, N.Y. will be on display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Hamburg Historical Society, 5859 S. Park Ave. Maffei was with the 158th Field Artillery Battalion of the 45th Infantry Division, which saw extensive fighting in Italy during World War II. During the Italian Campaign, Maffei made hundreds of paintings, drawings and sketches.