• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Lockport Town Hall, 7 p.m. Monday. Call 433-1014 or 628-2211.
• Dorie Miller Rifle and Pistol Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call 771-0138 or visit maxi7.com.
• Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Westfield Rod & Gun Club, Ogden Road, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call 640-2776.
• Erie County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Erie County Conservation Society, 13319 Miller Ave., Chaffee, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Call 440-6995.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and for classes nearest your location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860. Area certification instructors registering students for instruction can post details of those classes with an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 6-9 p.m. Tuesday. Call 903-2558 or email email@example.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 6 p.m. Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class, Genesee County SCOPE, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m. May 31. To preregister, call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Maryvale Community Education “Personal Watercraft Boating Safety Course,” 1050 Maryvale Drive, Cheektowaga, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. June 4. To register, call 635-4666.
• Allied Sportsmen Club Chicken Bar-B-Que and Trap Shoot, 12846 Clinton St., Alden, noon June 5, four classes. Call 867-1458 or visit alliedsportsmen.com.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show, Alexander Fireman’s Rec Hall, 10708 Alexander Road (Route 98), 8 a.m.-3 p.m. June 19, 100 tables, $5 admission. For exhibitor details, call 542-9929 or visit nfgshows.com.
• Friends of Reinstein Woods Basket Raffle Fundraiser, 93 Honorine Drive, Cheektowaga, 5-8 p.m., June 11. A $10 ticket includes a grand prize raffle ticket and a “Reinstein Float,” maple walnut ice cream and birch beer. Tickets available at the door or presale at 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/basket-raffle.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Evening Spring Birding Walk at Times Beach,” 6-8 p.m. Tuesday; and “Early Morning Birding at Forest Lawn Cemetery,” 8-10 a.m. Saturday. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228, Ext. 10 or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Wellness Walk,” 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday. For all TNP programs and registration details, call 825-6397, Ext. 338, or visit tifft.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: “Turtle Lore,” 10 a.m. Saturday; and “Bird Watching Walk, a Guided Walk for Seasonal Birds,” 2:30 p.m. Saturday. For all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “National Trails Day-Length of Gorge Hike,” Earl W. Brydges Artpark State Park, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 4. To register, call 282-5154.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Knox Farm State Park Saunter,” 10 a.m. Tuesday. Call 652-6190; and “Clarence Town Park Hike,” 9 a.m. May 29. Call 759-2628. For all Foothills events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Paths, Peaks & Paddles Program: “Senior Paddle,” 6-8 p.m. Tuesday. For more details, call 213-0350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Event: “Scouting Rocks,” 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Any Boy or Girl Scout in uniform attends free. Program also includes nature walks and a Moog presentation on rocket science. For more details, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Warbler Walk – Common Species,” 7 a.m. Thursday; and “Free Learn to Catch Fish and Family Picnic at Trailside Lodge,” 11 a.m. Saturday. For all LSP programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, NY, 14525 or email email@example.com.