Share this article

print logo

Fire in garbage tote spreads to apartment building, displaces 8

The Red Cross is assisting eight people after a fire Sunday night that caused $220,000 in damage to an apartment building near the Buffalo-Kenmore border.

City firefighters were called to 360 Grove St., just south of Kenmore Avenue, just before 9:30 p.m. for a fire that started in a garbage tote and spread to the structure.

All four units of the building, in the LaSalle Apartments, were occupied, according to the Buffalo Fire Department alarm office. The blaze spread to the second floor and the building’s attic.

Five adults and three children were being helped by the Red Cross. No injuries were reported.