Southern Erie County
Military veterans who live in Erie County may obtain a discount card valid at more than 1,250 businesses by showing their discharge documents at an annual event in the Town of Evans.
Town Clerk Lynn Krajacic plans to host Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs’ annual “Thank a Vet” discount program outreach event from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday in the Town Hall’s courtroom at 8787 Erie Road.
County residents who have been honorably discharged from the U.S. armed forces may receive the discount card if they show their original discharge documents at the event.
For more details, call the town clerk’s office at 549-8787 or the county clerk’s office at 858-8785.
• Tina Ames will teach the art of creating old-fashioned chocolate truffles at 5 p.m. Monday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. The program, for participants 13 and older, requires registration by calling the library at 592-7742. Supplies and the recipe will be provided.
• The Village of Springville Historic Preservation Commission’s meeting is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• A Village of Springville Planning Board meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• The North Collins Board of Education will conduct a public hearing about the proposed 2016-17 budget during its meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• A North Collins Town Board meeting is set for 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 10569 Main St.