Food trucks will be on site at the Town of Hamburg Department of Youth, Recreation and Senior Services annual Spring/Summer Recreation Expo and Senior Services Open House from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Senior Community Center, 4540 Southwestern Blvd.
As the Recreation Department marks its 60th year, special discounts on select programs will be offered and there will be carnival games, prizes and a drawing.
Town officials also will hold ceremonies dedicating the library and gymnasium at the Senior Community Center in the memory of former town employees. The John H. Farrell Library will honor John H. Farrell, former longtime director of Senior Services. The gym was dedicated last year in memory of Donny Thiry, a former recreation employee, but this year, a new plaque in his name will be installed.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Blasdell Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Charlotte Avenue Elementary School, 301 Charlotte Ave.
• The Hamburg Music Festival will take place from 2 p.m. to midnight Saturday at Memorial Park and more than 30 other venues.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, rain or shine, in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.
• Hamburg Central School District representatives will conduct a “meet and greet” at the Farmers’ Market, and will discuss the proposed budget and answer questions about the district.