Share this article

print logo

Motorcycle fire spreads to garage in Alden

An Erie County Sheriff’s deputy, a neighbor and a volunteer firefighter used fire extinguishers to put out a garage fire on Thursday night in Alden.

The blaze at 12463 Genesee St. was reported just before 10 p.m.

Investigators believe a mechanical failure on a motorcycle triggered the blaze, which spread to the several areas of the garage.

The Millgrove Fire Department inspected the structure to confirm the fire was out.

No damage estimate was available.