Southern Erie County
Participants may win firearms worth $250 or more during the Sons of the American Legion’s seventh annual gun raffle in the Town of Eden. Each ticket costs $20 for the raffle from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday in the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive.
Three door prizes will be offered. Proceeds will benefit veterans’ programs and the post. Winners may accept 70 percent of a prize’s cost if they do not want a gun.
For more details, call the post at 992-3304.
• Bertrand Chaffee Hospital has set a diabetic support group meeting for 6 p.m. Monday in the hospital at 224 E. Main St. in Springville. Recipes and coupons may be shared. For more details, call 592-9643.
• The Springville Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• A Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meeting will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The Concord Planning Board’s meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s courtroom at 86 Franklin St. • First Presbyterian Church will host a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at 38 N. Buffalo St. in Springville. A $2 all-you-can-carry sale will last from 2 to 3 p.m. Refreshments will be available.
• The North Collins Senior Citizens Club plans to meet at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the North Collins Senior Center at 11065 Gowanda State Road.
• The Evans Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Blasdell village-wide cleanup begins at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Fireman’s Field on Lake Avenue. Residents who want to volunteer will then assist with cleanup of certain areas in the village, including along Lake Avenue.
At the conclusion of the cleanup, there will be a hot dog lunch held beginning about 11:30 a.m. at Hamburg Town Hall.
• Sounds of music will fill the air as the Lakeshore School District’s J.T. Waugh Elementary School will hold its annual spring concert. The concert begins at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 5 at the school, 100 High St.
• If you are looking to join a fan club for a day, the East Aurora Middle School Jazz Band will performits third annual concert at the Hard Rock Cafe, starting at 7 p.m. Monday. The band has prepared 13 songs for the show. Additionally, The Narcissists, who are the middle school’s in-house saxophone quartet, will play a mini set during the jazz band’s break.
The restaurant encourages musicians to bring a fan club and will take reservations for the performance to make sure you have a table. Instructions on how to make a reservation can be found on the school’s website, which is eastauroraschools.org.