The 38th annual Hamburg Farmers Market opens for the season Saturday. The market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., rain or shine, in the municipal parking lot with entrances on Union and Main streets.
The fifth annual Blasdell Farmers Market will start May 18 at the Shoppes at 4271 Lake Ave., the Save-A-Lot Plaza.
The markets are sponsored by the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce.
The 21st annual town wide clean-up will take place at 8:30 a.m. Saturday in the town and the villages of Blasdell and Hamburg. All ages and groups can participate. A free hot dog lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave. To register call Town Clerk Cathy Rybczynski at 649-6111, Ext. 2361.
• The Hamburg Village Board meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in a work session, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Central School Board holds a hearing on the proposed 2016-17 budget at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The Frontier Central School Board holds a hearing on the 2016-17 budget at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Cloverbank Elementary School, 2761 Cloverbank Road. The regularly scheduled workshop meeting will immediately follow the hearing at approximately 7 p.m.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Town Planning Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The Town Board meets in special session at 1 p.m. Thursday in Conference Room No. 1 in Town Hall to hear presentations from prospective Engineering Firms.
• The Hamburg village Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg village Recreation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.