• WNY Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Donovan American Legion, 310 Genesee St., Cheektowaga, fly tying at 6 p.m., meeting at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Bring olive thread to tie olive Wooly Buggers. Call 684-9523.
• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Oatka Fish & Game Club, Wilcox Road, LeRoy. Call (585) 472-1343.
• Sportsman’s Coonhunter Association, 8776 Hopkins Road, Batavia, will host a Reinhart 100 Archery Shoot June 11, primitive camping and crossbows welcome. For details, call (585)356-2163 or (585)727-4389.
• Alabama Hunt Club Public Spring Shoot, 1857 Lewiston Road, Basom, May 21-22, more than 20 matches for men, ladies and youth shooting percussion, flint, rifle, pistol, smoothbore, musket and other historic arms. New this year will be Ii-Line Muzzleloader Matches. For dealer and trader details, call (585) 344-2818.
• Ten-X Shooting Club 2016 Conventional Pistol Sectional winners: Masters, Richard Powers, aggregate score of 882, 27 bulls eyes (X); Masters, Senior Divison, Clifton Faulring, 808, 6X and second, Peter Vasilion, 859 25X; Expert, Steve Lopacki, 823, 13X; and Sharpshooters, Joe Epolito, 802, 11 X.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860. Area certification instructors registering students for instruction can post details of those classes with an email to: email@example.com.
• Niagara Gun Range, 3355 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, 6-10 p.m., April 25, 26 and 28. to register, call 693-4000.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “Utah, Arizona & Florida Multi-State Concealed Carry Class,” Holy Cross Athletic Club, Salamanca, 6-10 p.m., Tuesday and “NYS Pistol Permit,” VFW Post No. 1419, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Carr Classes, “NYS Pistol Permit,” Genesee County Chapter of SCOPE, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., Tuesday and Freeman’s Sport Shop, Akron, 6 p.m., Thursday. “Utah, Arizona & Florida Multi-State Concealed Carry Class,” Niagara Gun Range, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m., Saturday. To preregister, call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 3-4 “Safe Boating Class,” Westfield Fish & Gun Club, 5831 Ogden Road, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. Call 785-2198.
• Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper American Canoe Association Level 1 Kayak Instructor Training, classroom, 6-9 p.m., Tuesday, on-water sessions, May 14 and 15. Call Monday to register at 852-7483 (ext. 39) or email: email@example.com.
• Batavia Gun and Sportsman Show, Falleti Ice Arena, 22 Evans St., Batavia, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m., today. Call 434-6535 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Iroquois National Refuge Annual Spring into Nature Celebration, Casey Road Visitor Center and Cayuga Overlook on Route 77 in Basom, 9 a.m-4 p.m., honoring the Migratory Bird Treaty Centennial (1916-2016) with live-bird presentations and nature-related exhibits. Call (585) 948-5445 (ext. 7035) or visit fws.gov/refuge/Iroquois.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show, the “Big Pistol” Show, Event Center, Erie County Fairgrounds, Hamburg, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., May 1, 300 tables, Erie County Pistol Permit Clerk personnel on site. For more details, call 542-9929 or visit nfgshows.com.
• Buffalo Geological Society Annual Banquet, Classics V, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst, May 6; make reservations by Wednesday. For details, visit bgsny.org.
• 107th Annual Buffalo Audubon Society Dinner & Business Meeting, Beaver Meadow Audubon Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java, 4:30 p.m., May 7. Rusty Keeler will discuss “Creating Outdoor Play Environments for the Soul.” For reservation details, call (585) 457-3228.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Early Migration Birding Hike with Naturalist Tom Kerr,” 8-11 am., Saturday; and “First Family walk at Beaver Meadow,” 2 p.m., May 1. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Wellness Walk (for all ages),”10 a.m.-noon, Thursday. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Fun Guy’s Guide to Fungi,” 10:30 a.m., Saturday; and “Aliens! – Plants and Animals Introduced from Other Parts of the World,” 2 p.m., Saturday. For all programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Woodland Wildflower Walk,” Wilson Tuscarora State Park, 6:30-8:30 9.m., May 6. To register, call 282-5154.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Chestnut Ridge Park Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 651-9877; and “Akron Falls County Park,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 439-0062. For all events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Wild Spirit Education Public Program: “Live Birds of Prey,” Arcade Trade Fair, Tractor Supply Plaza, 378 Main St., 9 a.m., Saturday, free. To sign up, visit meetup.com/Nature-in-WNY.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Program: “Spring Bird Walk with Marilyn O’Connell,” a Wild Birds Unlimited free program at the Penn Dixie Site 9 a.m., May 1. For details, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Arbor Day Tree Planting and Tree Walk at Parade Grounds,” 10:30 a.m., Friday; and “Mushrooms and Moss Walk –Silver Lake Outlet Woods,” 2 p.m., Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.